11 Day Irish Experience – Trafalgar-2017
Trafalgar Guided Tour starting in Dublin and finishing in Dublin
This foray into the diversity of the North and the South of Ireland takes you inside the increasingly cool cities, like Dublin and Belfast, and much reported ’emerald’ countryside.
Day By Day
Day 1 Arrive Dublin And Afternoon Sightseeing
Spend the morning relaxing and enjoying the sights of Dublin. Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers this afternoon and see Trinity College, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Phoenix Park and the stately Georgian Squares with your Local Specialist. This evening visit Glasnevin Trust for an informative and poignant tour with a Local Specialist. 2016 will be the 100 year anniversary of the Easter Uprising and you will hear stories about some of the brave characters from recent Irish history. Enjoy a Welcome Reception and get to know your fellow travellers. (WR) Stay: Mespil
Day 2 Dublin – Belfast
Head northwards to Northern Ireland and the bustling city of Belfast. Meet your Local Specialist ‘Cabbie’ for a trip through the city’s living history in a Black Cab. (FB) Stay: Park Inn
Day 3 Belfast – Giant’s Causeway – Londonderry/derry (2 Nights)
This morning, visit the birthplace of the Titanic at the Titanic Belfast Visitor Centre for a Cultural Insight into the world’s most famous ship. Then continue your journey along the beautiful Antrim coast road past scenic glens and rugged beaches. Visit the Giant’s Causeway, an area of about 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, a World Heritage site in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and one of the most iconic natural wonders in the United Kingdom. (FB) Stay: Everglades
Day 4 Londonderry/derry Sightseeing And Free Time
Walk along the 17th century city walls with your Local Specialist and see the street murals of the Bogside. Known as the People’s Gallery, the murals depict the history of the ‘troubles’. The afternoon is free to explore on your own. Consider joining an Optional Experience to the beautiful Inishowen Peninsula. Dine tonight at your hotel. (FB/D)
Day 5 Londonderry/derry – Belleek – Galway (2 Nights)
Travel south through lush countryside to visit the Belleek Pottery visitor centre for a Cultural Insight demonstration to see the craftsmen at work. Arrive later in Galway where you have free time to view the cathedral or stroll through Eyre Square. (FB) Stay: Maldron
Day 6 Connemara Excursion
Take in the beauty of rugged Connemara with its loughs and mountainous landscape. The region was captured in the film ‘The Quiet Man’ with John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara. Later arrive at Kylemore Abbey, visit the country’s most romantic castle and walk through the Victorian Walled Garden. Dine tonight at your hotel. (FB/D)
Day 7 Galway – Cliffs Of Moher – Limerick – Killarney (2 Nights)
Visit the magnificent Cliffs of Moher and see the history of the cliffs brought to life with a visit to the ‘Atlantic Edge’ exhibition. Stop to enjoy a unique Be My Guest lunch. Our local friends will take you foraging for wild plants and seaweed before a hearty lunch with spectacular views. Travel through County Clare to Limerick for views of St. Mary’s Cathedral, King John’s Castle and the Treaty Stone during your orientation of the city. See Adare, one of the prettiest villages in Ireland, before arriving at your hotel in Killarney. This evening, why not take in the ‘craic’ at a traditional Irish ceilidh? (FB/BMGL) Stay: Killarney Avenue/Killarney Tower
Day 8 Ring Of Kerry Excursion
Today we experience Ireland’s most scenic coastal drive around the Iveragh Peninsula, better known as the Ring of Kerry. It is undoubtedly one of the most magical and varied places in the whole of Ireland and is truly a photographer’s delight. On your journey we will see Killorglin set on Dingle Bay, which was the location for the film, Ryan’s Daughter. We will also see Daniel O’Connell’s Cahirciveen, the fishing village of Waterville, the Black Valley and Moll’s Gap. Here mountains, valleys, lakes and sea blend into a landscape that is often breathtaking beyond words. (FB/D)
Day 9 Killarney – Blarney – Waterford – Kilkenny
Visit Blarney Castle and kiss the famous Blarney stone to attain the ‘gift of the gab’. Pass Youghal en route to Waterford where you visit the house of Waterford Crystal and watch the master craftsmen at work during your Cultural Insight demonstration. Arrive later in Kilkenny and see the imposing 12th century castle. (FB) Stay: Kilkenny
Day 10 Kilkenny – New Ross – Co. Wicklow – Dublin
Visit New Ross and see the monument to John F. Kennedy, who visited his ancestral family hometown in 1963. Visit the three-masted famine ship Dunbrody and gain a Cultural Insight into the tragic plight of Irish emigration during the 1800’s. Travel through the lush Irish countryside of County Wicklow known as the Garden of Ireland. This evening in Dublin, enjoy a Farewell Dinner with your Travel Director and new-found friends. (FB/FD) Stay: Ballsbridge
Day 11 Depart Dublin
Bid a fond farewell to your fellow travellers at the end of this wonderful Irish experience. Transfers are available. Conditions apply. (FB)
- Departure Dates and Pricing 2018
Departure Dates and Pricing 2018
Start Dates End Dates TwinPrice SinglePrice Tour Enquiry
Enjoy Insider moments like… taking your ticket to board a replica famine ship, joining ‘passengers’ re-creating scenes from the 1840s – when people fled to escape the potato famine and became early Irish Americans.
- City tour in Dublin, Belfast and Derry/Londonderry
- Orientation of Galway, Limerick and Waterford
- Visit the Glasnevin Trust in Dublin, the Titanic Museum, the UNESCO World Heritage site at the Giant’s Causeway, Belleek to see how the famous pottery is made, Kylemore Abbey, the Cliffs of Moher, Blarney to kiss the stone and gain the ‘gift of the gab’, the crystal showroom at Waterford and the famine ship in New Ross
- View St Patrick’s Cathedral and Phoenix Park in Dublin, Queens University in Belfast, the City Walls and Murals of Londonderry, mystical Connemara, the Cathedral of Galway, King John’s Castle and St. Mary’s Cathedral in Limerick
- Scenic drives along the Ring of Kerry
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Hand-picked 4 and 5 star accommodation
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host at your Trafalgar London hotel.
- Use of Trafalgar’s London Reception Centre offering a range of services including tickets for day trips and local attractions.
- 10 full breakfasts.
- 1 lunch (Be My Guest).
- 5 dinners.
- Accommodation, itinerary and inclusions subject to change.
- Prices are for land/cruise only. Flights not included.