14 Day British & Irish Voyager – CIE
2017 British & Irish Voyager 14 Days / 13 Nights
Day 1: London Arrival & Tour
Your vacation starts at your London hotel at 2:00 pm when you meet your tour director. Head out on a panoramic tour of central London to see famous landmarks including Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Stop at St. Paul’s Cathedral, with its world-famous dome, to tour the awe-inspiring interior. In the evening meet your tour director to discuss your trip over a welcome drink and dine in your hotel.
Day 2: Tower of London & City Sights
Today you may schedule your London sightseeing when you take an open-top bus tour around the many famous landmarks. There are a number of different bus routes as well as a walking tour and a cruise on the River Thames. Visit either the Tower of London to view the magnificent Crown Jewels or Kensington Palace, home of Princess Diana. You are free to choose a restaurant to dine independently.
Day 3: Stratford-Upon-Avon & Beatles’ Liverpool
Drive through the Cotswolds, a delightful hilly region with mellow-hued stone houses. In Stratford-upon-Avon visit Shakespeare’s Birthplace, furnished as it would have been in his time. 2016 is the 400th anniversary of his death. Continue to Liverpool and a local guide will show you around places associated with various aspects of the lives of the “Fab Four.” Check in to your hotel.
Day 4: Lake District & Scottish Evening
Travel through the glorious Lake District, associated with the children’s author, Beatrix Potter, and the poet, William Wordsworth. In the charming village of Grasmere visit Dove Cottage, where Wordsworth lived and wrote. Near the Scottish border stop at the Old Blacksmith’s Shop in Gretna Green, a popular shopping venue for quality Scottish goods. Enjoy a Scottish dinner and ceilidh, a fun show at your hotel near Edinburgh.
Day 5: Edinburgh Castle & City Tour
Explore central Edinburgh this morning, starting in the 200-year-old “New Town” with its planned streets and elegant Georgian houses where many famous writers and inventors lived. See the Royal Mile where medieval houses are clustered and tour Edinburgh Castle to see the Crown Jewels of Scotland and the Stone of Destiny. The afternoon is free for independent activities. On Aug 05 to 19 departures, experience the world-famous Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
Day 6: St Andrews & Highland Scenery
Travel north to St Andrews, famous for golfing and Scotland’s oldest university. Take a walking tour around the town with your tour director who will tell you about the famous people and happenings here. Visit the picturesque ruins of St Andrews Cathedral. Take a break in Pitlochry and continue to Inverness, a major town in the Highlands. Check in to your hotel beside the River Ness in the town center.
Day 7: Loch Ness & Loch Lomond Cruise
Travel south through more wonderful Highland scenery today, passing the shoreline of Loch Ness with views of this deep lake. Drive past Ben Nevis, Britain’s highest peak, and through the towering mountains of Glen Coe, which is famous for the Massacre of Glen Coe in 1692. Take a scenic cruise on Loch Lomond, Britain’s largest lake. Enjoy a brief drive around Glasgow before checking in to your hotel located on the outskirts.
Day 8: Ferry to Ireland & Titanic Belfast
Make an early start this morning as you travel south through Ayrshire to Cairnryan for a short ferry journey to Ireland with your tour group and coach. In Belfast visit Titanic Belfast to learn about the famous liner. Stop for dinner and some entertainment at the Glyde Inn before arriving in Dublin.
Day 9: Dublin Tour & Kilmainham Gaol
This morning tour Dublin to see Georgian squares with elegant row houses, public buildings, public parks and lively shopping streets. Visit Kilmainham Gaol where many of Ireland’s leaders, including Robert Emmett, Eamon DeValera and Padraig Pearse, were imprisoned during the 19th and early 20th centuries. Take an open-top bus tour in the afternoon and evening is at leisure.
Day 10: Blarney Castle & Killarney
Travel south through farming country and stop to view the Rock of Cashel, which rises high above the surrounding plain. Just a few miles outside Cork, visit Blarney Castle to kiss the famous “Stone of Eloquence.” Also stop at the Blarney Woollen Mills before driving through Macroom and into County Kerry, where the scenery becomes more mountainous. Check in to your hotel in Killarney and relax before dinner.
Day 11: Dingle Peninsula & Cruise
Take a jaunting car ride to majestic Ross Castle on the shores of Lough Leane. Then discover the scenic Dingle Peninsula, made famous by two movies – “Ryan’s Daughter” and “Far & Away.” Drive to Slea Head at the western tip of the peninsula for spectacular views. Stop in the town of Dingle and embark on a short cruise around Dingle Harbour and Bay for great panoramic views all around. Return to Killarney and dine at Kate Kearney’s Cottage and watch lively music, song and dance.
Day 12: Flying Boat Museum & Cliffs of Moher
Travel to the River Shannon Estuary to visit Foynes Flying Boat Museum. Learn about the early days of flight when this was the landing place for Pan Am Clippers. Cross the River Shannon Estuary by ferry and then view the Cliffs of Moher, an impressive wall of rock that rises 700 feet above the Atlantic Ocean. In Galway take a brief walking tour around the city center with a local guide.
Day 13: Farm Visit & Fitzpatrick Castle Stay
Stop at Rathbaun Farm for tea and scones and watch trained dogs herding sheep. Drive to Dublin and check in to your elegant castle hotel, located on the south side of Dublin. Take a short ride to historic Dalkey Village, now an upmarket suburb for a gentle guided walk. Visit the imposing Dalkey Castle and see the newly re-furbished Writers’ Gallery. Enjoy a special farewell dinner with your fellow travelers in your hotel.
Day 14: Depart Dublin for Home
Your tour ends after breakfast.
B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner
- Departure Dates and Pricing 2017
Departure Dates and Pricing 2017
Start Dates End Dates Twin
- Scottish Evening In Edinburgh
- Shakespeare’s Birthplace
- St Andrews Walking Tour
- Beatles’ Tour of Liverpool
- Dingle Peninsula
- Kiss The Blarney Stone
- Jaunting Car Ride
- Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel
Superior First Class Hotels
- Park Plaza Hotel Westminster Bridge LondonLondon (2 nights)
- Hilton Hotel LiverpoolLiverpool (1 night)
- Macdonald Houstoun House Hotel, UphallUphall, near Edinburgh (2 nights)
- Columba HotelInverness (1 night)
- The Westerwood HotelNear Glasgow (1 night)
- Croke Park HotelDublin (2 nights)
- The Brehon HotelKillarney (2 nights)
- Hotel MeyrickGalway (1 night)
- Fitzpatrick Castle HotelKilliney, Dublin (1 night)
- Sightseeing by luxury coach
- Professional tour director
- 13 nights in hotels listed
- Full breakfast daily (B) except on day 1
- 10 dinners (D) including- Welcome dinner in London- Scottish Evening in Edinburgh
– Glyde Inn traditional Irish dinner/show
– Kate Kearney’s Cottage Irish Night
– 6 table d’hote dinners
- Welcome get-together drink
- Tours of London, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dublin
- Beatles Tour of Liverpool
- Walking tours of St Andrews, Galway and Dalkey
- Loch Lomond scenic cruise
- Reserved seats for Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo on August 05 to August 19 departures
- Ferry from Scotland to Ireland and across River Shannon
- Horse-drawn jaunting car ride in Killarney
- Dingle Bay cruise
- Rathbaun Farm sheepdog trials with tea and scones
- London open-top bus tour with Tower of London or Kensington Palace visit
- Dublin open-top bus Tour with Guinness Storehouse or General Post Office
- Visits and admissions to St. Paul’s Cathedral, Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Dove Cottage, Old Blacksmith’s Shop at Gretna Green, Edinburgh Castle, St Andrews Cathedral, Titanic Belfast, Kilmainham Gaol, Blarney Castle, Blarney Woollen Mills, Foynes Flying Boat Museum, Cliffs of Moher and Dalkey Castle
- Headsets for walking tours
- Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
- Free Wi-Fi on coaches and in hotel lobbies