6 Day Real Britain – Trafalgar
Trafalgar Guided Tour starting in London and finishing in London
Cityscapes and scenic lakes, this lively round-trip goes from London to York, Edinburgh, Liverpool and Cardiff for a fast-paced taste of British culture and craftsmanship.
Day By Day
Day 1 London – Stratford-upon-avon – York
Enjoy a scenic drive and visit Shakespeare’s birthplace and Visitor Centre in Stratford-upon-Avon. View Anne Hathaway’s thatched cottage. Later in York, view York Minster and walk along the famous Shambles. Tonight enjoy a Welcome Reception with a traditional pub meal. It’s the ideal opportunity to get to know your Travel Director and fellow travellers. (WR) Stay: Hotel 53
Day 2 York – Hadrian’s Wall – Falkirk (2 Nights)
Head north and cross the River Tyne at Newcastle. Stop and view Hadrian’s Wall before crossing into ‘Bonnie Scotland’. Enjoy the scenery of the Scottish borders before arriving at your spa hotel which is a traditional Scottish manor house within beautiful, landscaped gardens. (FB) Stay: Inchyra Hotel and Spa
Day 3 Edinburgh Sightseeing And Free Time
This morning discover the elegance of Edinburgh with your Local Specialist on an included city sightseeing tour. See the Royal Mile in the Old Town. View the Palace of Holyroodhouse and Arthur’s Seat. Your choice of sightseeing means you could chose to visit either Edinburgh’s Camera Obscura or Edinburgh Castle. Spend free time exploring on your own or join your Travel Director on an Optional Experience to visit the Royal Yacht Britannia. Tonight why not attend a lively Scottish banquet with traditional haggis and bagpipes? During the Edinburgh Festival your visit includes tickets to the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo on the castle grounds. (FB)
Day 4 Falkirk – Gretna Green – Lake District – Liverpool
Stop at Gretna Green, a town popular with eloping couples. Here the marriage ceremony was traditionally performed across a blacksmith’s anvil. Admire the views throughout the scenic Lake District. These scenes provided William Wordsworth with the inspiration to write the poem ‘Daffodils’. Visit the town of Grasmere and see St. Oswald’s church where the poet is buried. Later arrive in Liverpool, hometown of the ‘Fab Four’. (FB) Stay: Novotel
Day 5 Liverpool – Ludlow – Cardiff
Visit the Tudor market town of Ludlow with its historic castle and timbered buildings. See the Malvern Hills as you cross into Wales and visit its capital, Cardiff. See Cardiff Bay, the Millenium Stadium and the Castle before arriving at your hotel. Tonight enjoy a Be My Guest Farewell Dinner at a local vineyard with beautiful views of the Welsh countryside. (FB/BMGFD) Stay: Maldron
Day 6 Cardiff – Bath – Stonehenge – London
Visit Bath and view the Abbey before visiting the Roman Baths. At Stonehenge visit the mystical stone monoliths before returning to London where your memorable holiday ends. (FB)
- Departure Dates and Pricing 2016
Departure Dates and Pricing 2016
Start Dates End Dates TwinPrice SinglePrice Tour EnquiryDeparture Dates and Pricing 2017
Departure Dates and Pricing 2017
Start Dates End Dates TwinPrice SinglePrice Tour Enquiry
Enjoy Insider moments like… feeling the history that seeps through the timbered houses, as you explore the medieval lanes of the The Shambles in York. And discovering the wynds and alleys and hearing the secrets hidden behind the walls of the Old Town, in Edinburgh
- City tour in Edinburgh
- Orientation of York, Grasmere, Liverpool, Cardiff and Bath
- Visit Shakespeare’s birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, Hadrian’s Wall, Edinburgh Castle, Gretna Green, the Roman Baths in Bath and Stonehenge
- View Anne Hathaway’s thatched cottage, York Minster, the Lake District’s magnificent scenery, the Chester Rows, Cardiff Castle and Bath Abbey
- See the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh and the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Hand-picked 4 and 5 star accommodation
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host if you stay at Trafalgar’s recommended London hotel.
- Pick-up and drop-off if you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar, or from the London Reception Centre.
- 5 full breakfasts.
- 2 dinners (including Be My Guest).
- Accommodation, itinerary and inclusions subject to change.
- Prices are for land/cruise only. Flights not included.