6 Day Treasures of Ireland – Trafalgar
Trafalgar Guided Tour starting in Dublin and finishing in Shannon
The Blarney Stone. Irish Coffee. Waterford Crystal. Irish icons come together on this trip around the south’s biggest cities, Dublin, Cork, Killarney and Limerick, and into its scenic countryside.
Day By Day
Day 1 Arrive Dublin – Afternoon Sightseeing
Welcome to Dublin. Discover the city’s charms on a guided tour with a Local Specialist. Walk the cobbled courtyard of Trinity College to visit its library and the ornate Book of Kells. Later make an exclusive visit to one of the city’s unique treasures, The Little Museum of Dublin, after it has closed its doors to the public for a Welcome Reception with canapés and drinks. (WR) Stay: Clayton Ballsbridge
Day 2 Dublin – Glendalough – Waterford – Cork
Leave the bustling Irish capital for the peaceful 6th century monastic ruins at Glendalough. The 100-foot-tall Round Tower, the Cathedral, and St. Kevin’s Cross are highlights of your stop. Travel on to see more delicate works of art during your Cultural Insight experience at the House of Waterford Crystal in Waterford. Later head to Cork, the ‘Rebel City”, where you have a free evening. (FB) Stay: Rochestown Park
Day 3 Cork – Cobh – Blarney – Killarney (2 Nights)
Visit the Heritage Centre in Cobh to learn about the city’s history and legacy. From the Great Famine and the ‘coffin ships” to the doomed Titanic and Lusitania, this unique display presents the Queenstown Story in a way like no other. Then head to Blarney where you can climb to the top of Blarney Castle to kiss the famed stone and acquire the “gift of the gab”. Arrive later in picturesque Killarney. (FB) Stay: Killarney Towers
Day 4 Ring Of Kerry Excursion
Start your day winding around the picture-perfect Ring of Kerry. Take in the views of coast and sea, fields and rolling hills in this landscape that has inspired artists and poets for centuries. Stop at Torc Waterfall, for a leisurely guided walk with a Local Specialist. Or if you would rather reboard the motorcoach and return to Killarney. Please Note: The walk travels over wooded paths. While there are no mountains to climb, walkers need to be reasonably fit and have good walking shoes or boots, sunscreen and raingear. Approx. 3 miles/2 hours. (FB)
Day 5 Killarney – Foynes – Cliffs Of Moher – Limerick
Your first stop today is the Flying Boat Museum in Foynes, the refuelling point for Pan Am’s Flying Boat, the Yankee Clipper, from 1939-1945. Gain a Cultural Insight as you board a replica Boeing 314 to experience life as a passenger. Foynes is also the birthplace of Irish Coffee and you’ll savour a cup of the famous beverage. Next, travel to the Cliffs of Moher, rising up to 700 feet above the pounding Atlantic waves. Enjoy a Be My Guest farewell dinner at a picturesque farmhouse in County Galway with an opportunity to meet the family and members of the local community. Continue to Limerick to your hotel. (FB/BMGFD) Stay: Greenhills
Day 6 Limerick – Depart Shannon
It’s time to bid the Emerald Isle farewell as you are transferred to the airport. Please Note: Your coach returns to Dublin from Shannon on Day 6. You are welcome to utilise this complimentary transfer. Drop-off in Dublin will be at the Clayton Ballsbridge at approximately 4pm depending on traffic. (FB)
- Departure Dates and Pricing 2018
Departure Dates and Pricing 2018
Start Dates End Dates TwinPrice SinglePrice Tour Enquiry
Enjoy Insider moments like… getting an exclusive ‘out of hours’ tour inside The Little Museum of Dublin, whose collection of city treasures was mainly donated by locals, like the rock fans who curated its ‘U2 Made in Dublin’ room.
- City tour in Dublin
- Orientation of Waterford, Cork, Cobh and Killarney
- Visit Trinity College, Glendalough, Waterford Crystal, Cobh Heritage Centre, Blarney Castle, Torc Waterfall, Foynes Flying Boat Museum and the Cliffs of Moher
- View St. Kevin’s Cross in Glendalough and St. John’s Castle in Limerick
- See Dublin’s Georgian Squares and Phoenix Park
- Scenic drive around the Ring of Kerry
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Hand-picked 4 and 5 star accommodation
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach.
- Services of a professional Irish Travel Director.
- 5 full breakfasts.
- 2 dinners (including Be My Guest).
- Accommodation, itinerary and inclusions subject to change.
- Prices are for land/cruise only. Flights not included.