7 Day Introduction to Ireland – Globus
Globus Coach Tour starting in Dublin and finishing in Dublin
This guided tour is ideal for first-time visitors to the Emerald Isle who have limited time to spare. Begin in Dublin with an overnight and an orientation drive that includes O’Connell Street, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and Trinity College. Heading west, stop in Kildare at the Irish National Stud, in St. Patrick’s Cashel, and in Tipperary, made famous in the wartime marching song. On to Limerick for an orientation drive, then stop in Ennis for two nights. From here, an included excursion showcases stunning views from the Cliffs of Moher. Also enjoy Irish hospitality at Rathbaun Farm, where you’ll see a farmer shear a sheep and use a sheep dog to maneuver his flock. Next, ferry across the Shannon estuary and travel around the famed Ring of Kerry. Spend the night in Killarney and stop in Blarney, famous for its magical Kissing Stone. In Waterford, visit the House of Waterford Crystal, see Ireland’s oldest handweaving mill at Avoca, cross through the Wicklow Mountains, and take a guided tour of St. Kevin’s 6th-century center of Irish Christianity in Glendalough. Return to Dublin for the conclusion of your Irish journey.
Day By Day
Day 1 Arrive In Dublin, Ireland.
Cead mile failte! A hundred-thousand welcomes! Check into your hotel. At 3 pm, meet your Tour Director and travelling companions for an afternoon orientation drive through statue-lined O’Connell Street, elegant Georgian squares, and past St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Oscar Wilde’s Trinity College. Tonight, enjoy a welcome dinner with wine at your hotel. (D)
Day 2 Dublin-Kildare-Cashel-Limerick-Ennis.
Horse-racing country this morning. Drive across the Curragh to visit the IRISH NATIONAL STUD at Kildare, whose fine thoroughbreds command respect on the racecourses of the world. Lots more to see: the Rock of Cashel, where St. Patrick preached; Tipperary, made famous in a wartime marching song; and Limerick, where an orientation drive acquaints you with St. Mary’s Cathedral, King John’s Castle, and the stone where the Treaty of Limerick was signed in 1691. Tonight’s suggestion for a very special night out: attend an optional banquet at Bunratty Castle. (B)
Day 3 Ennis. West Coast Excursion.
Your day excursion along Ireland’s spectacular Atlantic coastline begins with a drive to the 204-foot (668-foot) CLIFFS OF MOHER, where you savour the breathtaking panorama of the Clare coast. A scenic route across the limestone plateau of The Burren takes you to Galway, a popular seaside destination and a buzzing cosmopolitan centre with colourful shops and a busy cafe and bar culture. This afternoon, a special treat at RATHBAUN FARM: try your hand at scone making, and learn from the farmer about sheep shearing and dog whistling. Afterwards, enjoy COFFEE and your SCONES, fresh from the oven. (B)
Day 4 Ennis-Ring Of Kerry-Killarney.
After a short drive via Clonderlaw Bay to Killimer, cross the Shannon estuary by FERRY. Continue on to Killorglin on Dingle Bay to join the spectacular RING OF KERRY for a 160-kilometre (100-mile) panoramic drive around the island’s south-western tip. Take your photos of the Lakes of Killarney from Ladies View, then spend the night in the popular resort of Killarney. (B/D)
Day 5 Killarney-Blarney-Waterford.
Across the Kerry Mountains and through County Cork to Blarney, renowned for its magical Kissing Stone. Time for lunch, to walk up to the castle, and to shop for traditional Irish handicrafts. In the afternoon, proceed via Cork to Waterford, a stronghold founded by the Danish Vikings, and look forward to a guided tour of the HOUSE OF WATERFORD CRYSTAL. After dinner this evening, enjoy an IRISH COFFEE DEMONSTRATION. (B/D)
Day 6 Waterford-Avoca-Glendalough-Dublin.
An exciting agenda today: Enniscorthy, site of the final battle of the Great Rebellion of 1798; Ireland’s oldest HANDWEAVING MILL at Avoca, where you watch the WEAVERS at work; the Wicklow Mountains; and GLENDALOUGH, the early Christian monastic site founded by St. Kevin in the 6th century. See the engaging audio-visual Ireland of the Monasteries, then let your Local Guide show you the remains of this ecclesiastical settlement. Back in Dublin tonight, a fitting farewell to Ireland would be an optional cabaret evening with dinner, followed by dance, song, and laughter. (B)
Day 7 Dublin.
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- Departure Dates and Pricing 2018
Departure Dates and Pricing 2018
Start Dates End Dates Twin
Tour Enquiry Jun 21, 2018 Jun 27, 2018 AU $2169 2562 Jun 24, 2018 Jun 30, 2018 AU $2169 2562 Jun 28, 2018 Jul 4, 2018 AU $2169 2562 Jul 1, 2018 Jul 7, 2018 AU $2169 2562 Jul 5, 2018 Jul 11, 2018 AU $2169 2562 Jul 8, 2018 Jul 14, 2018 AU $2169 2562 Jul 12, 2018 Jul 18, 2018 AU $2169 2562 Jul 15, 2018 Jul 21, 2018 AU $2169 2562 Jul 19, 2018 Jul 25, 2018 AU $2169 2562 Jul 22, 2018 Jul 28, 2018 AU $2169 2562 Jul 26, 2018 Aug 1, 2018 AU $2169 2562 Jul 29, 2018 Aug 4, 2018 AU $2169 2562Departure Dates and Pricing 2017
Departure Dates and Pricing 2017
Start Dates End Dates Twin
Tour Enquiry Mar 12, 2917 Mar 18, 2017 AU $1724 2034
- DUBLIN: Orientation drive; welcome dinner.
- KILDARE: Guided tour of the Irish National Stud.
- ROCK OF CASHEL: Take photographs of this famous landmark.
- LIMERICK: Orientation drive.
- CLIFFS OF MOHER: Savour the spectacular views.
- GALWAY: Orientation.
- RATHBAUN FARM: See the farmer at work, bake your own scones, and enjoy coffee in the farmhouse.
- KILLIMER-TARBERT: Cross the Shannon estuary by ferry.
- RING OF KERRY: Scenic peninsula drive.
- KILLARNEY: Visit the popular resort town.
- BLARNEY: Visit the famous village.
- WATERFORD: Guided tour of the House of Waterford Crystal; enjoy an Irish Coffee demonstration.
- AVOCA: Guided tour of the handweaving mill.
- GLENDALOUGH: Guided tour of St. Kevin’s centre of Irish Christianity.
- MEALS: Full Irish breakfast (B) daily; 3 three-course dinners with wine (D) and choice of menus, including a welcome dinner in Dublin.
- TRANSPORTATION: Motorcoach; ferry across the Shannon estuary.
- FREE WI-FI: Available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Inside visits and special features are shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description, including admission charges where applicable.
- MYACCOUNT: Visit our website for details on optional excursions available on tour to personalise your holiday.
- Visit Rathbaun farm and enjoy a traditional afternoon tea
- Enjoy an Irish Coffee demonstration
- 6 Breakfasts
- 3 Dinners
- Hotel Classifications: Deluxe (D), Superior First Class (SF), First Class (F)
- Dublin The Spencer (SF), Ennis Temple Gate (F), Killarney Killarney Towers (SF), Waterford Granville (F), Dublin Hilton Kilmainham (SF)