8 Day Britain & Ireland Highlights – Trafalgar
Trafalgar Guided Tour starting in London and finishing in London
Engineering, invention and Romantic Poets, the epic diversity squeezed into a remarkably tiny region is explored through the towns, cities and countryside of Britain and Ireland.
Day By Day
Day 1 London – Stratford-upon-avon – York – Harrogate
A scenic drive through beautiful countryside brings you to Stratford-upon-Avon. Visit Shakespeare’s Birthplace and Visitor Centre and see Anne Hathaway’s cottage. In the Viking city of York enjoy a walk along its historic streets. View the cobbled Shambles, the ancient city walls and the magnificent York Minster. Later, enjoy a Welcome Reception in a traditional pub. (WR) Stay: Holiday Inn
Day 2 Harrogate – Lake District – Gretna Green – Glasgow (2 Nights)
From quaint villages around the Yorkshire Dales National Park to the scenic glory of the Lake District, your journey north is impressive. Travelling along the shores of England’s largest lake, Windermere, and through countryside that inspired the Romantic poets, you reach Grasmere. View the grave of William Wordsworth, buried at St. Oswald’s Church. Cross the Scottish border and visit Gretna Green, where eloping couples would make their vows over the anvil. This afternoon your orientation tour of Glasgow includes views of the Cathedral, the magnificent George Square and the River Clyde, former heart of the shipbuilding industry. (FB/RM) Stay: Radisson Blu/Jurys Inn/Apex
Day 3 Edinburgh Excursion
Today visit Edinburgh. Your Local Specialist takes you on a sightseeing tour of this wonderful city, including a visit to Edinburgh Castle, perched high above the city. See the Royal Mile, the elegant Palace of Holyroodhouse in the shadow of Arthur’s Seat and the new Scottish Parliament building. Admire the elegant Georgian architecture in the New Town. Later enjoy free time to explore at leisure. This evening enjoy a delicious meal at a local restaurant in Glasgow. (FB)
Day 4 Glasgow – Belfast – Dublin (2 Nights)
Follow the rugged Ayrshire coast past the island of Ailsa Craig, the stepping stone from Ireland to Scotland, to board the ferry to Northern Ireland. View City Hall, Queen’s University and the dock where the Titanic was built with your Local Specialist. Later arrive in Dublin, your home for the next two nights. (FB) Stay: Mespil
Day 5 Dublin Sightseeing And Free Time
See Trinity College, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Phoenix Park and the stately Georgian Squares with your Local Specialist. Then your choice of sightseeing gives you the opportunity to visit the Guinness Brewery for a Storehouse tour and tasting technique demonstration or the Little Museum of Dublin. Spend the rest of the day as you please, why not explore Temple Bar or Grafton Street, famous for its street performers? This evening consider joining an Optional Experience to an Irish cabaret. (FB)
Day 6 Dublin – Kildare – Kilkenny – Waterford
This morning gain a Cultural Insight into rearing world-class thoroughbreds when visiting the Irish National Stud Farm established in 1946. After a guided walk through the farm, take some time to stroll through the tranquil Japanese Gardens, regarded as the best in Europe. In Kilkenny, see the imposing medieval castle and enjoy free time for lunch. This afternoon enjoy a Cultural Insight when you visit the House of Waterford Crystal. Watch the master craftsmen at work during your tour of the workshop, and see the exquisite completed pieces in the showroom. (FB) Stay: Marina
Day 7 Waterford – Cardiff
Cross the Irish Sea to Wales by ferry, and continue your journey to Cardiff Bay to view the Millennium Centre and the National Assembly. View the historic Cardiff Castle and see the Millennium Stadium before arriving at your hotel. Tonight, join your Travel Director and travel companions for a memorable Be My Guest Farewell Dinner. (FB/BMGFD) Stay: Park Inn City Centre
Day 8 Cardiff – Bath – Stonehenge – London
Travel cross the Severn Estuary into England and the glorious city of Bath. See splendid Georgian architecture during your orientation. Enjoy an included visit to the Roman Baths from which the city derives its name. In Wiltshire, visit the mysterious monolithic stone circle at Stonehenge. Later, return to London where your holiday in Britain and Ireland comes to an end. (FB)
- Departure Dates and Pricing 2018
Departure Dates and Pricing 2018
Start Dates End Dates TwinPrice SinglePrice Tour Enquiry Sep 29, 2018 Oct 6, 2018 AU $2525 Oct 6, 2018 Oct 13, 2018 AU $2495 Oct 13, 2018 Oct 20, 2018 AU $2425
- City tour in Edinburgh, Belfast and Dublin
- Orientation of York, Glasgow, Cardiff and Bath
- Visit Shakespeare’s birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, Edinburgh Castle, the town of Gretna Green, the Irish National Stud farm and Japanese Garden, the Waterford Crystal showroom, the Roman Baths in Bath and the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge
- View York Minster, Glasgow Cathedral and George Square, Kilkenny Castle and Gardens
- See the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff
- Ferry across the Irish Sea from Scotland to Northern Ireland.
- Ferry across the Irish Sea from Ireland to South Wales.
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Hand-picked 4 and 5 star accommodation
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host at your Trafalgar London hotel.
- Use of Trafalgar’s London Reception Centre offering a range of services including tickets for day trips and local attractions.
- 7 full breakfasts.
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest).
- Accommodation, itinerary and inclusions subject to change.
- Prices are for land/cruise only. Flights not included.