9 Day Irish Spirit – CIE
For single tour rate, please add AU$1,034 single room supplement to featured price.
2017 & 2018 Irish Spirit – 9 Days / 8 Nights
Day 1: Dublin Tour & Glasnevin Museum Your Irish trip starts at 2:00 pm when you meet your guide at your Dublin hotel and set out on an introductory tour of central Dublin. See fashionable shopping areas around Grafton and Nassau Streets, view Dublin’s elegant Georgian squares and drive along the wide O’Connell Street. Visit Glasnevin Museum, Ireland’s national necropolis, which is a who’s who of modern Irish history and a fascinating insight into life in Ireland. It is the final resting place of Daniel O’Connell, Michael Collins, Charles Stewart Parnell, Brendan Behan and other prominent people. Back at your hotel meet with your tour guide and travel companions for a welcome drink and discuss your itinerary. Dine independently this evening.
Day 2: Farm Visit & Waterford Crystal Drive through the Irish countryside to County Kilkenny to visit Jerpoint Park Farm for tea and home-made scones. Chat with the owners and watch dogs skillfully herd sheep. Also see one of Ireland’s best examples of a deserted 12th century town. Continue south to the famous House of Waterford Crystal to watch molten glass being transformed into elaborate and shimmering trophies by the skilled blowers and cutters. View a huge array of stemware in the showrooms and you may purchase pieces also. Check in to your hotel in the center of Waterford and, after dinner, take a gentle walking tour with a local guide to learn about the region’s history.
Day 3: Titanic Experience Cobh & Blarney Castle Travel along the south coast to Cobh to visit the Titanic Experience. Learn about the 123 Irish passengers who embarked on the ill-fated RMS Titanic bound for New York. Visit Blarney Castle to kiss the famous “Stone of Eloquence.” If you do not wish to climb to the top of the castle, take a walk through the lovely grounds with magnificent trees and colorful borders. Shop at the Blarney Woollen Mills for quality Irish-made souvenirs. Drive into County Kerry to Killarney, a small town that’s big on glorious scenery. Check in to your hotel in the center, close to the many shops and pubs. After dinner you may like to sample some of the lively pubs.
Day 4: Ring of Kerry & Jarvey’s Irish Night Start your day with a lovely jaunting car ride through the Killarney National Park to Ross Castle for wonderful views of Lough Leane and the Macgillycuddy’s Reeks Mountains. Then set out on the famous Ring of Kerry scenic route. The road winds between mountains on one side and the Atlantic coastline on the other. Stop for photos at great locations all along the route. Take the bridge to Valentia Island to visit the Skellig Experience to learn about the rocky islands off the end of the peninsula where monks lived under austere conditions in early Christian times. In 2014 part of “Star Wars VII” was filmed on the islands. Stop in the attractive village of Sneem and at Moll’s Gap for panoramic mountain views. In the evening head to Jarvey’s Irish Night for dinner with a fun traditional show.
Day 5: Cliffs of Moher & Galway Bay Drive north through Listowel to Tarbert for a 20-minute ferry ride across the wide River Shannon Estuary. Continue your journey north to view the Cliffs of Moher, a spectacular wall of sandstone that reaches to almost 700 feet above the Atlantic Ocean. Walk along the top of the cliffs to O’Brien’s Tower for views across Galway Bay of Connemara and the Aran Islands on a clear day. Motor through the Burren and around the shores of Galway Bay to Galway city. Take a short walking tour around the city center with a local guide to see the medieval city walls, Lynch’s Castle and Eyre Square before checking in to your hotel.
Day 6: Connemara & “The Quiet Man” Walk Today explore scenic Connemara to admire how constantly-changing cloud formations give granite hills, sparkling lakes and peat bogs an added dimension. While visually stunning, this area is not good for farming with many tracts of bogland and sturdy sheep that wander over the hills. Travel alongside Galway Bay and stop at Standun of Spiddal for coffee and a talk on various aspects of Irish life and traditional crafts. In Cong take a walking tour with a local guide to see locations for “The Quiet Man” movie, made in the village in 1952. Head to a traditional pub for a casual lunch. Embark on the Corrib Princess for a scenic cruise on Lough Corrib (Mar 19 – Oct 29 departures) before returning to Galway where the evening is free.
Day 7: Kilbeggan Distillery & Dublin’s Abbey Tavern This morning enjoy a late departure from Galway. Drive to the center of the country to Kilbeggan to visit the Kilbeggan Distillery Experience, established in 1757, making it the world’s oldest. See how whiskey is distilled on modern equipment in the old buildings and enjoy a sample of the finished product. Continue your journey to Dublin once again and check in to a different hotel. Drive to the fishing village of Howth on the north side of the city to finish up your tour at the popular Abbey Tavern with a hearty dinner and a lively show of traditional music, songs and step-dancing.
Day 8: Independent Bus Tour Spend an additional day in Dublin with an independent Dublin open-top bus tour (valid for 48 hours), plus a visit to Guinness Storehouse or General Post Office.
Day 9: Depart Dublin for Home Your tour ends after breakfast.
B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner
- Departure Dates and Pricing 2018
Departure Dates and Pricing 2018
Start Dates End Dates TwinPrice SinglePrice Tour EnquiryDeparture Dates and Pricing 2017
Departure Dates and Pricing 2017
Start Dates End Dates TwinPrice SinglePrice Tour Enquiry
- Dublin’s Abbey Tavern
- Jarvey’s Irish Night in Killarney
- Glasnevin Museum
- Ring of Kerry & Connemara
- Lough Corrib Cruise
- Waterford Crystal
- Kiss The Blarney Stone
Superior & First Class
- Ashling Hotel Dublin (1 night) on Thursdays departures or
- The Gibson Hotel Dublin (1 night) for Saturdays departures
- Dooley’s Hotel Waterford (1 night)
- Killarney Towers Hotel Killarney (2 nights)
- Westwood House Hotel Galway (2 nights)
- Grand Canal Hotel Dublin (2 nights)
- Sightseeing by luxury coach
- Professional driver/guide
- 8 nights in hotels listed
- Full breakfast daily (B) except on day 1
- 5 dinners (D) including – Abbey Tavern traditional Irish dinner/show – Jarvey’s Irish Night – 3 table d’hote dinners
- 1 Lunch (L)
- Welcome get-together drink
- Tour of Dublin with a local guide
- Tea and scones at Jerpoint Park Farm
- Walking tours of Trinity College and Waterford
- Horse-drawn Jaunting car ride in Killarney
- Ferry ride across the River Shannon
- Coffee and talk on Irish life at Standun of Spiddal
- “The Quiet Man” walking tour of Cong
- Corrib Princess cruise from Galway (Mar 19 – Oct 29 departures)
- Tour and tasting at Kilbeggan Distillery Experience
- Dublin open-top bus tour with a visit and drink at Guinness Storehouse or General Post Office
- Visits and admissions to Glasnevin Museum, House of Waterford Crystal, Titanic Experience, Blarney Castle, Blarney Woollen Mills, Skellig Experience and Cliffs of Moher
- Headsets for walking tours
- Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
- Free Wi-Fi on coaches and in hotel lobbies