13 Day Scenic Ireland – Globus
Globus Coach Tour starting in Limerick and finishing in Limerick
Leave no stone unturned on this journey through Ireland. Start your guided tour in Limerick, head to the breathtaking Cliffs of Moher, and visit Rathbaun Farm, where you’ll see a farmer shear a sheep and use a sheep dog to maneuver his flock. Stop at the fishing village of Clifden, visit Kylemore Abbey, the pilgrimage site of Knock, Belleek, famous for its exquisite Parian china, and awe-inspiring Giant’s Causeway. Learn about life in Northern Ireland from your Local Guide in Derry and spend two nights in Belfast, where you are taken on a Living History tour before you explore the fascinating Titanic Exhibition. A Local Favorite on this tour is an evening excursion to the nearby seaside town of Donaghadee for dinner at an award-winning, family-run local pub. In the Fair City of Dublin, enjoy an orientation drive that includes O’Connell Street, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and a visit to Trinity College with its Book of Kells. Travel south through the Wicklow Mountains, pausing at Ballyknocken House for an entertaining baking demonstration, coffee, and scones. Next up: Kilkenny, the House of Waterford Crystal, Blarney Castle and its magical Kissing Stone, Cork, and the lush, tropical garden on Garinish Island. Spend two nights in the popular resort town of Killarney with an excursion to the Blasket Islands Centre on Dingle Peninsula. Your marvelous guided tour ends back in Limerick.
Day By Day
Day 1 Arrive In Shannon, Ireland – Limerick.
Cead mile failte! A hundred-thousand welcomes! After checking into your hotel, free time to relax and perhaps enjoy the hotel’s leisure amenities or explore the city. This evening, meet your Tour Director and travelling companions for a welcome dinner with wine at your hotel. (D)
Day 2 Limerick – Cliffs Of Moher – Galway – Clifden.
Drive to the CLIFFS OF MOHER, rising 204 metres (668 feet) above the Atlantic Ocean, and savour the breathtaking panorama of the Clare coast. Next, a special treat: at RATHBAUN FARM, watch the farmer shear a sheep and maneuver a flock with the help of a sheep dog, then enjoy your morning coffee. On to Galway, a popular seaside destination and a buzzing cosmopolitan centre with colourful shops and a busy cafe and bar culture. Call at the Joyce family’s MARBLE WORKSHOP before spending the night at Clifden, a small fishing town in the far west. (B/D)
Day 3 Clifden – Kylemore – Westport – Knock – Bundoran.
Visit KYLEMORE ABBEY this morning, the massive castle acquired by Benedictine nuns, and see the restored house, church, and gardens. Pause at Westport before continuing on to Knock, a village that attracts pilgrims from all over the world since townsfolk saw apparitions. Overnight is in Bundoran, the popular seaside resort in County Donegal. Before dinner, you might want to join an optional excursion to a local pub. (B/D)
Day 4 Bundoran – Belleek, Northern Ireland – Derry – Giant’s Causeway – Belfast.
A rich string of Northern Ireland attractions awaits you today. First, visit the BELLEEK POTTERY factory, renowned for its exquisite creamcoloured Parian china. In Derry, walk the city walls in the company of a Local Guide, and after lunch, pass Dunluce Castle before visiting awe-inspiring GIANT’S CAUSEWAY. Hear how millions of years ago, the earth cracked open, lava forced its way out, and as it cooled slowly and evenly, more than 40,000 interlocking basalt columns were formed, leading from the cliff foot into the sea. Spend the next two nights in Belfast, Northern Ireland’s seat of government. (B)
Day 5 Belfast.
This morning’s “Living History” tour in the company of a Local Guide will take you past all the city’s attractions, including City Hall, the Albert Memorial Clock Tower, Queens University, and the Parliament Buildings at Stormont. Then, visit the fascinating TITANIC EXHIBITION and learn all about the building of the largest passenger steam ship, its maiden voyage, and the tragic night of April 14, 1912. There is time at leisure for you to discover the city on your own this afternoon. Later, enjoy a drive to the pretty seaside town of Donaghadee on the Ards Peninsula, once one of the main ports of entry to Ireland. Take a stroll along the picturesque harbor front, then enjoy traditional IRISH CUISINE at Pier 36, a family-run, award-winning pub. (B/D)
Day 6 Belfast – Knowth, Ireland – Dublin.
Drive in the lee of the Mountains of Mourne back into the Irish Republic, and at Bru na Boinne (Palace of the Boyne), one of the world’s most important archaeological landscapes, visit KNOWTH, where your guide explains the fascinating passage-grave dating from the Bronze Age. For a first taste of the Irish capital, join an optional cabaret evening with dinner and entertainment. (B)
Day 7 Dublin.
An orientation drive in the “Fair City” includes statue-lined O’Connell Street, elegant Georgian squares, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and Oscar Wilde’s Trinity College. The afternoon is at leisure for you to enjoy this vibrant city. Tonight, maybe take in an optional dinner outing to the Guinness Storehouse. (B)
Day 8 Dublin – Kilkenny – Waterford.
Vistas of the Wicklow Mountains unfold as you head for a special visit to BALLYKNOCKEN HOUSE, a typical Irish family-run farm guesthouse. Your host will present an entertaining BAKING DEMONSTRATION, and then serve coffee and scones fresh from the oven. Travel on to the pretty county town of Kilkenny, then to Waterford for a guided tour of the HOUSE OF WATERFORD CRYSTAL. You may also want to join an optional excursion to a local pub. After dinner at your hotel, enjoy an IRISH COFFEE DEMONSTRATION. (B/D)
Day 9 Waterford – Blarney – Cork.
The first of the day’s highlights is an entertaining walk through Waterford, Ireland’s oldest city, in the company of a Local Guide. Then, visit BLARNEY CASTLE, renowned for its magical KISSING STONE. Overnight in Cork, Ireland’s second-largest city. An optional suggestion would be a visit to Cobh’s Queenstown Story, which tells of the transatlantic liner route between Liverpool and North America and last port of call for the Titanic. (B)
Day 10 Cork – Garinish Island – Killarney.
This morning, board a private boat for the short crossing to GARINISH ISLAND in Bantry Bay, whose warm waters attract colonies of seals. Follow the winding paths between the strong-scented flowering trees and shrubs of this lush tropical island garden. Then, head over the mountains into County Kerry. At Kenmare, join part of the RING OF KERRY and stop for spectacular photos of the Lakes of Killarney from Ladies View before arriving in the popular resort of Killarney. Tonight, an entertaining optional evening in Tralee with dinner and tickets for Siamsa Tire National Folk Theatre. (B)
Day 11 Killarney. Dingle Excursion.
Enjoy panoramic views on Dingle Peninsula on the way to the BLASKET ISLANDS CENTRE. Learn about the way of life and unique literary achievements on the string of remote offshore islands evacuated by the last inhabitants in 1953. Visit Dingle, then return to Killarney. (B/D)
Day 12 Killarney – Adare – Limerick.
A final morning at leisure in Killarney with time for an optional excursion by horse-drawn jaunting car. In the afternoon, drive via quaint Adare, renowned for its pretty thatched cottages, to Limerick. A suggestion for a very special night out: attend an optional banquet at Bunratty Castle. (B)
Day 13 Limerick.
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- Departure Dates and Pricing 2018
Departure Dates and Pricing 2018
Start Dates End Dates Twin
Tour Enquiry Jun 19, 2018 Jul 1, 2018 AU $3739 Jun 23, 2018 Jul 5, 2018 AU $3739 Jun 30, 2018 Jul 12, 2018 AU $3739 Jul 3, 2018 Jul 15, 2018 AU $3739 Jul 7, 2018 Jul 19, 2018 AU $3739 Jul 14, 2018 Jul 26, 2018 AU $3739 Jul 17, 2018 Jul 29, 2018 AU $3739 Jul 21, 2018 Aug 2, 2018 AU $3739 Jul 28, 2018 Aug 9, 2018 AU $3739 Jul 31, 2018 Aug 12, 2018 AU $3739 Aug 4, 2018 Aug 16, 2018 AU $3739 Aug 11, 2018 Aug 23, 2018 AU $3739 Aug 14, 2018 Aug 26, 2018 AU $3739 Aug 18, 2018 Aug 30, 2018 AU $3739 Aug 25, 2018 Sep 6, 2018 AU $3739 Aug 28, 2018 Sep 9, 2018 AU $3739 Sep 1, 2018 Sep 13, 2018 AU $3739 Sep 8, 2018 Sep 20, 2018 AU $3739 Sep 11, 2018 Sep 23, 2018 AU $3739 Sep 15, 2018 Sep 27, 2018 AU $3739 Sep 22, 2018 Oct 4, 2018 AU $3739 Sep 25, 2018 Oct 7, 2018 AU $3729
- LIMERICK: Welcome dinner.
- CLIFFS OF MOHER: Savour the spectacular views.
- RATHBAUN FARM: See the farmer at work and enjoy morning coffee in the farmhouse.
- GALWAY: Orientation.
- CONNEMARA: Visit a marble workshop.
- KYLEMORE: Visit the Benedictine abbey.
- WESTPORT: Visit this heritage town.
- KNOCK: Visit the religious site.
- BELLEEK: Guided tour of the pottery factory.
- DERRY: Guided walking tour.
- COUNTY ANTRIM: Take pictures of Dunluce Castle, visit Giant’s Causeway.
- BELFAST: Guided “Living History” tour, visit the Titanic Exhibition.
- DONAGHADEE: Early evening drive to the Ards Peninsula and dinner at Pier 36.
- BOYNE VALLEY: Guided tour of the Bronze Age passage-grave at Knowth.
- DUBLIN: Orientation drive.
- BALLYKNOCKEN HOUSE: Baking demonstration and morning coffee and scones.
- KILKENNY: Explore this pretty county town.
- WATERFORD: Enjoy an Irish Coffee demonstration; guided tour of the House of Waterford Crystal; guided walking tour.
- BLARNEY: Visit the famous castle and kiss the Blarney Stone.
- GLENGARRIFF: Private boat to Garinish Island.
- RING OF KERRY: Take pictures of the Lakes of Killarney.
- DINGLE PENINSULA: Visit the Blasket Islands Centre and the town of Dingle.
- ADARE: Admire the thatched cottages.
- MEALS: Full Irish breakfast (B); 5 three-course dinners with wine (D) and choice of menus, including a welcome dinner in Limerick, and 1 dinner at a family-run pub in Donaghadee.
- TRANSPORTATION: Motorcoach; private boat to Garinish Island.
- HEADSETS: Throughout the tour.
- FREE WI-FI: Available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Inside visits and special features are shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description, including admission charges where applicable.
- MyACCOUNT Personalize your tour ahead of time with additional excursions. Visit our website for details and conditions.
- Dinner at Pier 36 in Donaghadee
- Baking demonstration and morning tea at Ballyknocken House
- Enjoy an Irish coffee demonstration
- Full Irish breakfast (B); 5 three-course dinners with wine (D) and choice of menus, including a welcome dinner in Limerick, and 1 dinner at a family-run pub in Donaghadee.
- Hotel Classifications: Deluxe (D), Superior First Class (SF), First Class (F)
- LIMERICK Clarion (SF), CLIFDEN Station House (F), BUNDORAN Great Northern (F), BELFAST Radisson Blu (SF), DUBLIN The Gibson (SF), WATERFORD Granville (F), CORK Clarion (SF), KILLARNEY Killarney Avenue (SF)