15 Day Highlights of Britain & Ireland – Globus
Globus Coach Tour starting in London and finishing in London
Journey through the lands of kings, queens, and leprechauns! Begin in London with two overnights and guided sightseeing that features the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, and includes visits to St. Paul’s Cathedral and the Changing of the Guard, if held. Depart the city to admire the breathtaking gardens at Henry VIII’s Hampton Court Palace, then venture on to prehistoric Stonehenge and the Roman excavations at Bath. Cross into Wales and spend the night in Newport before ferrying across the Irish Sea to the Emerald Isle, where you will be welcomed with a typical Irish coffee, a Local Favorite on this tour. Highlights are a guided visit of the House of Waterford Crystal, Blarney, the resort town of Killarney, the spectacular Ring of Kerry, Limerick, the Irish National Stud in Kildare, and an orientation drive in Dublin that includes Trinity College and the 1,200-year-old Books of Kells. Visit Malahide Castle on your way to Northern Ireland’s capital Belfast, where you enjoy a guided Living History tour and explore the Titanic Exhibition. Also included is dinner in the restaurant of the famous Crown Liquor Saloon. Return across the Irish Sea and through scenic Border country to Edinburgh for visits to the castle and Holyrood Palace. On your return to England, see Alnwick. Stop to visit the impressive gothic York Minster, the largest gothic cathedral in Northern Europe, explore Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon, and visit beautiful Blenheim Palace before returning to London for the end of your adventure.
Day By Day
Day 1 Arrive In London, England.
Welcome to London! Uniformed Globus Hosts are available to help you make the most of your stay.
Day 2 London.
Your morning sightseeing with a Local Guide includes all the famous landmarks: the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben beside the Thames River, Westminster Abbey, Whitehall’s mounted horseguards and the Prime Minister’s Downing Street, Piccadilly Circus, and Buckingham Palace. Highlights are a visit to ST. PAUL’S CATHEDRAL and the ceremonial pageantry of the Changing of the Guard, if held. This afternoon, why not join an optional excursion to the Tower of London or Windsor Castle, and later, maybe an optional dinner, followed by a cruise on the Thames River? (B)
Day 3 London-Stonehenge-Bath-Newport, Wales.
Meet your Tour Director and travelling companions, and depart London at 8 am for a memorable day of sightseeing: a special visit to admire the breathtaking ORNAMENTAL GARDENS of Henry VIII’s Hampton Court Palace; prehistoric STONEHENGE, with its stunning visitor centre; and in the elegant Georgian city of Bath, the amazing excavations of the ROMAN BATHS. Cross the Severn River into Wales, and tonight, enjoy a welcome dinner with wine at your hotel. (B/D)
Day 4 Newport-Cardiff-Waterford, Ireland.
An orientation in the Welsh capital features the major attractions: Cardiff Castle, Cathays Park, and the stately civic buildings. Continue along the South Wales coast to Fishguard, where your FERRY is waiting. Sail across St. George’s Channel to Rosslare and proceed by coach to Waterford, a stronghold founded by the Danish Vikings in 853. After dinner this evening, enjoy an IRISH COFFEE DEMONSTRATION. (B/D)
Day 5 Waterford-Blarney-Killarney.
Your first highlight today is a guided tour of the HOUSE OF WATERFORD CRYSTAL. Via the port city of Cork, motor to Blarney, renowned for its magical Kissing Stone, then on to Killarney for a two-night stay. Later, join an entertaining optional evening in Tralee with dinner followed by tickets for Siamsa Tire National Folk Theatre. (B)
Day 6 Killarney. Ring Of Kerry Excursion.
Follow the road known as the RING OF KERRY for a spectacular 160-kilometre (100-mile) panoramic drive around the island’s south-western tip and take your photos of the Lakes of Killarney from Ladies View. This afternoon, maybe an optional fun-filled horse-drawn jaunting car ride. (B)
Day 7 Killarney-Adare-Cashel-Kildare-Dublin.
Drive to quaint Adare with its colourful thatched cottages and on to the Rock of Cashel, where St. Patrick preached. Then, visit the IRISH NATIONAL STUD/ whose fine thoroughbreds command respect on the racecourses of the world. Tonight, you may wish to enjoy an optional Irish cabaret evening, including dinner, dance, song, and laughter. (B)
Day 8 Dublin.
Get an overview of Ireland’s capital as you drive to statue-lined O’Connell Street, elegant Georgian squares, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and Oscar Wilde’s Trinity College. The afternoon is at leisure for you to enjoy this vibrant city. Why not join an optional dinner evening at the Guinness Storehouse? (B)
Day 9 Dublin-Malahide-Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Set in 100 hectares (250 acres) of park land, and formerly both fortress and private home of the Talbot family for nearly 800 years, your first visit is at MALAHIDE CASTLE. Join your guide on a tour of the castle with its interesting mix of architectural styles, then stroll through the extensive gardens. On your way to Northern Ireland, cross the Boyne River and drive on to Belfast for a visit of the fascinating TITANIC EXHIBITION, where you learn all about the building of the largest passenger steam ship, its maiden voyage, and the tragic night of April 14, 1912. After your visit, enjoy a cup of TEA and a TRAY BAKE at Bistro 401. (B)
Day 10 Belfast-Edinburgh, Scotland.
First thing this morning, a “LIVING HISTORY” TOUR in the company of a Local Guide. See all the famous landmarks, including the Parliament House at Stormont, City Hall, the Albert Memorial Clock Tower, and Queens University. Next, board your FERRY to cross the North Channel to Cairnryan on Scotland’s southwest coast and continue through the scenic Scottish border country to Edinburgh. Tonight, enjoy our optional Scottish evening with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and the Ceremony of the Haggis. (B)
Day 11 Edinburgh.
Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old “New Town” and famous scientists, inventors, and novelists who lived there. In the “Old Town,” drive up the narrow Royal Mile to EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland’s Crown Jewels, then explore HOLYROOD PALACE (when available). Afternoon at leisure. Later, a unique optional excursion: board the former Royal Yacht Britannia, once the perfect royal residence for glittering state visits and family holidays. For departure numbers 0726 through 0816, tickets are included for the world-renowned MILITARY TATTOO. (B)
Day 12 Edinburgh-Alnwick, England-York.
Relax and enjoy vistas of the beautiful North Sea coastline as you drive via Berwick-upon-Tweed to Alnwick, voted the “best place to live in Britain” in a national survey. In York, England’s most complete medieval city, visit YORK MINSTER, the largest gothic cathedral in Northern Europe. Then, follow your Tour Director through a maze of quaint streets, including the narrow Shambles. (B/D)
Day 13 York-Coventry-Stratford-Upon-Avon.
In Coventry, view the splendid modern cathedral that rose from the rubble of severe World War II bombings, and in Stratford-upon-Avon, take your pictures of Anne Hathaway’s Cottage and visit SHAKESPEARE’S BIRTHPLACE. (B/D)
Day 14 Stratford-Upon-Avon-London.
Today’s spectacular highlight is a guided tour of magnificent BLENHEIM PALACE, home of the 11th Duke of Marlborough and birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. End the tour in style with a GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE while looking out over the Water Terraces. Depart after lunch and return to London at about 3:30 pm. How about celebrating the success of your holiday by taking in one of the great West End shows? (B)
Day 15 London.
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- Departure Dates and Pricing 2018
Departure Dates and Pricing 2018
Start Dates End Dates Twin
Tour Enquiry Apr 3, 2018 Apr 17, 2018 AU $4329 Apr 10, 2018 Apr 24, 2018 AU $4329 Apr 17, 2018 May 1, 2018 AU $4329 Apr 24, 2018 May 8, 2018 AU $4539 May 1, 2018 May 15, 2018 AU $4539 May 8, 2018 May 22, 2018 AU $4539 May 15, 2018 May 29, 2018 AU $4539 May 22, 2018 Jun 5, 2018 AU $4539 May 29, 2018 Jun 12, 2018 AU $4539 Jun 5, 2018 Jun 19, 2018 AU $4539 Jun 12, 2018 Jun 26, 2018 AU $4539 Jun 19, 2018 Jul 3, 2018 AU $4539 Jun 26, 2018 Jul 10, 2018 AU $4539 Jul 3, 2018 Jul 17, 2018 AU $4539 Jul 10, 2018 Jul 24, 2018 AU $4539 Jul 17, 2018 Jul 31, 2018 AU $4539 Jul 24, 2018 Aug 7, 2018 AU $4689 Jul 31, 2018 Aug 14, 2018 AU $4689 Aug 7, 2018 Aug 21, 2018 AU $4689 Aug 14, 2018 Aug 28, 2018 AU $4689 Aug 21, 2018 Sep 4, 2018 AU $4539 Aug 28, 2018 Sep 11, 2018 AU $4539 Sep 4, 2018 Sep 18, 2018 AU $4539 Sep 11, 2018 Sep 25, 2018 AU $4539 Sep 18, 2018 Oct 2, 2018 AU $4539 Sep 25, 2018 Oct 9, 2018 AU $4539 Oct 2, 2018 Oct 16, 2018 AU $4529
- LONDON: Guided sightseeing, visit St. Paul’s Cathedral & see the Changing of the Guard, if held.
- HAMPTON COURT: A special walking tour through the palace’s ornamental gardens.
- STONEHENGE: Visit the prehistoric monument.
- BATH: Visit the Roman relics.
- NEWPORT: Welcome dinner.
- CARDIFF: Orientation drive.
- FISHGUARD-ROSSLARE: Cross St. George’s Channel by ferry.
- WATERFORD: Enjoy an Irish Coffee demonstration; guided tour of the House of Waterford Crystal.
- BLARNEY: Visit the famous village.
- KILLARNEY: Visit the popular resort town.
- RING OF KERRY: Scenic peninsula drive.
- ADARE: Admire the thatched cottages.
- KILDARE: Guided tour of the Irish National Stud.
- DUBLIN: Orientation drive.
- MALAHIDE: Guided tour of Malahide Castle.
- BELFAST: Visit the Titanic Exhibition; enjoy tea and a tray bake at Bistro 401; guided “Living History” tour.
- BELFAST-CAIRNRYAN: Cross the North Channel by ferry.
- EDINBURGH: Guided sightseeing, visit Edinburgh Castle and Holyrood Palace.
- YORK: Walking tour, visit York Minster.
- STRATFORD-UPON-AVON: Take pictures of Anne Hathaway’s Cottage, visit Shakespeare’s birthplace.
- BLENHEIM: Guided tour of the palace, enjoy a glass of champagne.
- MEALS: Full English breakfast (B) daily; 4 three-course dinners with wine (D) and choice of menus, including a welcome dinner in Newport.
- TRANSPORTATION: Motorcoach; ferries Fishguard-Rosslare, Belfast-Cairnryan.
- FREE WI-FI: Available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Inside visits and special features are shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description, including admission charges where applicable.
- MYACCOUNT: Visit our website for details on optional excursions available on tour to personalise your holiday.
- Enjoy an Irish coffee demonstration
- Tea and a tray bake at Bistro 401 in Belfast
- Savour a glass of champagne following a tour of the magnificent Blenheim Palace
- 14 Breakfasts
- 4 Dinners
- Hotel Classifications: Deluxe (D), Superior First Class (SF), First Class (F)
- London Hilton London Metropole (SF), Newport Hilton (F), Waterford Granville (F), Killarney Killarney Towers (SF), Dublin Royal Marine (SF) at Dun Loaghaire, Belfast Europa (SF), Edinburgh Hilton Grosvenor (SF), York Holiday Inn (F) or Mercure York Fairfield Manor (F), Stratford-upon-avon Holiday Inn (SF), London Park Plaza Westminster Bridge (SF)