11 Day Irish & British Focus – CIE
Irish & British Focus 11 Days / 10 Nights
For single tour rate, please add AU$1,105 single room supplement to featured price.
Day 1: Dublin Arrival & Dalkey Village
Your trip starts at 2:00 pm at your Dublin hotel. Take a walking tour of Dalkey Village and visit Dalkey Castle. In the evening meet your tour director over a welcome drink and dine independently.
Day 2: Dublin Tour & Taylor’s Three Rock
This morning tour Dublin’s main attractions and visit St. Patrick’s Cathedral with its many memorials to famous people. The afternoon is free and in the evening head to Taylor’s Three Rock Pub for dinner and a great show with lively music and step-dancing.
Day 3: Clonmacnoise Monastic Site & Galway
Travel to Clonmacnoise, a monastic settlement founded by St. Ciaran in 545 AD on the banks of the River Shannon. Drive to Galway and take a gentle stroll with a local guide before dinner.
Day 4: Cliffs of Moher & Killarney
At Rathbaun Farm see traditional farm animals and watch trained dogs herd sheep. View the Cliffs of Moher, an impressive wall of rock. Take a ferry across the River Shannon and drive to your hotel in the center of Killarney.
Day 5: Jaunting Car & Ring of Kerry
Take a jaunting car to admire scenic views. Visit Muckross Schoolhouse for a taste of traditional Irish country life as you watch butter churning and bread making. Drive along part of the lovely Ring of Kerry route and enjoy a casual lunch.
Day 6: Blarney Castle & Waterford
Visit the famous Blarney Castle to kiss the “Stone of Eloquence” and see the Titanic Experience in Cobh. In Waterford tour the House of Waterford Crystal to see how glass is blown and view amazing trophies. Take a walking tour of the old city.
Day 7: Wales & Cardiff Castle Banquet
Depart Waterford early this morning to catch the ferry from Rosslare to South Wales. Take a brief tour around Cardiff and tour Cardiff Castle, developed in Roman times and transformed in the 19th century. Attend a Welsh evening for dinner and wonderful music.
Day 8: Roman Baths & Stonehenge
Drive to Bath, popular for its natural hot springs with the Romans 2,000 years ago. Visit the Roman Baths and Pump Room, wonderfully preserved after two millennia. Drive to Salisbury Plain to view the prehistoric circle of vast monoliths at Stonehenge. Continue into London and check in to your hotel.
Day 9: Tower of London & City Sightseeing
This morning take a panoramic tour of central London to see famous landmarks. Visit the mighty Tower of London to see the priceless Crown Jewels.
Day 10: Extend your Stay in London
Take an open-top bus tour.
Day 11: Tour Ends Heathrow Airport
Your tour ends after breakfast.
B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner
- Taylor’s Three Rock Pub
- Welsh Evening in Cardiff
- Cliffs of Moher
- House of Waterford Crystal
- Roman Baths & Pump Room
Superior First Class:
- Royal Marine Hotel
Dun Laoghaire, Dublin (2 nights)
- Hotel Meyrick
Galway (1 night)
- Killarney Plaza Hotel
Killarney (2 nights)
- Tower Hotel & Leisure Centre
Glasgow (1 night)
- Radisson Blu Hotel – Cardiff
Cardiff (1 night)
- Mercure London Bridge Hotel
London (3 nights)
- Sightseeing by luxury coach
- Professional tour director
- 10 nights in hotels listed
- Full breakfast daily (B) except on day 1
- 6 dinners (D) including- Taylor’s Three Rock Pub dinner and traditional show- Welsh evening in Cardiff
– 4 table d’hote dinners
- 1 lunch (L)
- Welcome get-together drink
- Walking tours of Dalkey, Galway and Waterford
- Tea and scones at Rathbaun Farm
- Ferry across the River Shannon and from Ireland to Wales
- Horse-drawn jaunting car ride in Killarney
- Muckross Schoolhouse butter and bread making demonstration
- London open-top bus tour
- Visits and admissions to Dalkey Castle, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Clonmacnoise Monastic Site, Cliffs of Moher, Blarney Castle, Titanic Experience, House of Waterford Crystal, Cardiff Castle, Roman Baths & Pump Room, Stonehenge and Tower of London
- Headsets for walking tours
- Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
- Free Wi-Fi on coaches and in hotel lobbies