5 Days Taste Of Scotland – CIE
Taste of Scotland 5 Days / 4 Nights
Day 1: Glasgow Highlights
Tour begins 2:30 PM at your Glasgow hotel. Set out on an introductory tour of central Glasgow — a city that flourished in Victorian times due to the shipbuilding industry and international trade. Drive around George Square with its ornate City Chambers, and visit Provand’s Lordship, Glasgow’s oldest house. Enjoy a welcome drink with your group before dinner.
Day 2: Loch Lomond & Loch Ness Cruise
Travel alongside the famous Loch Lomond, renowned for its unsurpassed beauty. Drive across the haunting Rannoch Moor and through Glencoe, admiring the wild and spectacular scenery. Continue through Fort William and stop at a woollen mill to shop for quality Scottish goods. Embark on a short cruise on Loch Ness before heading to Nairn.
Day 3: Whisky Tasting & St Andrews
Visit Blair Athol Distillery to see how whiskey is distilled and enjoy a sample. Travel to St Andrews, best known as the “Home of Golf.” Take a panoramic drive around and spend some time exploring independently. Continue to Edinburgh to your gracious manor house hotel, set on 1,000 acres with two golf courses. Enjoy a Scottish evening with traditional cuisine with a lively show of songs, stories, and dancing.
Day 4: Edinburgh Castle & City Tour
Explore the principal sights of central Edinburgh from the bustling Princes Street and through the gracious, wide streets of the 200-year-old Georgian New Town. Walk along part of the Royal Mile where compact medieval houses reach 11 floors tall. Visit Edinburgh Castle perched high above the city on volcanic rock. The castle contains the Scottish Crown Jewels and the Stone of Scone. The balance of the day is free. The July 30 – August 20 departures watch the spectacular Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo on the Castle Esplanade.
Day 5: Tour Ends in Edinburgh
Tour ends after breakfast.
B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner
Superior First Class
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Glasgow Central,
Glasgow (1 night)
- Mutha Newton Hotel,
Nairn (1 night)
- Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club,
Edinburgh (2 nights)
- Full daily breakfast (except Day 1)
- All on-tour transportation including shuttles and ferries
- Welcome get-together drink with your group
- Free Wi-Fi on coaches so you can stay connected along the way
- Documents wallet and backpack to keep you organized
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & handling of one suitcase per person
- Authentic Local Experiences
- Expect an unforgettable evening of music, ceremony, theatre and dance with reserved seats for Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo on July 30th to August 20th departures.
- Soak in the spectacular scenery as you cruise the deep, mysterious waters of legendary Loch Ness.
- Dining Experiences
- 4 breakfasts (B), and 3 dinners (D) including a Scottish Evening in Edinburgh.