7 Day Best of Scotland – Trafalgar
Day By Day
Day 1 Arrive Edinburgh (2 Nights)
On arrival, relax and explore this fascinating capital city. This evening, meet your companions and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception, which includes a light meal and drinks. (WR) Stay: Novotel City Centre
Day 2 Edinburgh Sightseeing And At Leisure
This morning, your Local Specialist takes you on a sightseeing tour of this wonderful city, including a visit to Edinburgh Castle, perched high above the city. See the Royal Mile, the elegant Palace of Holyroodhouse in the shadow of Arthur’s Seat, and the new Scottish Parliament building. Admire the elegant Georgian architecture in the New Town. During the Edinburgh Festival, your visit will include tickets to the dazzling Edinburgh Tattoo. (FB)
Day 3 Edinburgh – St. Andrews – Pitlochry – Scottish Highlands (2 Nights)
Travel across the Firth of Forth to St. Andrews to view the celebrated ancient university and the home of golf. Continue north across the Tay at Dundee, to visit Pitlochry, a charming village on the banks of the River Tummel. Explore the village or join an Optional Experience to visit Blair Castle, ancestral home to the Dukes of Atholl. Dine tonight at your hotel. (FB/D) Stay: Highlander/Laggan/Morlich
Day 4 Isle Of Skye And Scenic Highlands Excursion
Travel through Inverness, known as the capital of The Highlands and along the banks of the famous Loch Ness. View Eilean Donan Castle before crossing the bridge to the Isle of Skye. Visit the Clan Donald Centre and the Museum of the Isles, where you can trace your genealogy or explore the wonderful gardens. Later take the ferry to Mallaig and continue your journey through the lochs and glens of the Scottish Highlands to your hotel. (FB/D)
Day 5 Scottish Highlands – Glencoe – Glasgow (2 Nights)
Stop at the Commando Memorial near Fort William for breathtaking views of Britain’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis. Continue south through Glencoe, ‘Glen of the Weeping’, site of the infamous massacre of the Macdonald clan by the Campbells in 1692. Journey along the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond, immortalised in the well-known Scottish song, to the lively city of Glasgow. (FB) Stay: Radisson Blu
Day 6 Glasgow Orientation And Stirling Castle Excursion
Start your day with an orientation of Glasgow including the magnificent George Square and the River Clyde, former heart of the shipbuilding industry. You’ll also visit St. Mungo’s Cathedral, dedicated to the patron saint and founder of the city. Enjoy some free time to explore this vibrant city. Later visit Stirling Castle, a symbol of national pride and once a place of great power. See the ‘Stirling Heads’ and visit the halls, chapels and bedrooms of this imposing castle. From the castle walls view the Wallace Monument – dedicated to Sir William Wallace and overlooking the battlefield of Stirling Bridge. Later travel into the Trossachs National Park. Here enjoy a Cultural Insight into whisky making with a visit to Glengoyne Whisky Distillery to sample a ‘wee dram’. Tonight, experience a Be My Guest Farewell Dinner at a working hill farm on the banks of Loch Ard. (FB/BMGFD)
Day 7 Depart Glasgow
After a hearty Scottish breakfast, bid farewell to your Travel Director and companions as your holiday in Scotland comes to an end. Transfers are available. Conditions apply. (FB)
Enjoy Insider moments like… being greeted by father and son farmers at their working hill farm on the banks of Loch Ard, who recount legends of local outlaw Rob Roy MacGregor and share homespun dishes with you in their barn.
- City tour in Edinburgh
- Orientation of Glasgow and Stirling
- Visit Edinburgh Castle, Pitlochry, the Isle of Skye and Clan Donald Centre, Glasgow Cathedral and Stirling Castle
- View the 18th green at St Andrews, Loch Ness, Eilean Donan Castle and Glencoe
- Tickets are included for the world-famous Tattoo during the Edinburgh Festival.
- Ferry from Mallaig to the Isle of Skye.
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Hand-picked 4 and 5 star accommodation
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- 6 full breakfasts.
- 4 dinners (including Be My Guest).
- Accommodation, itinerary and inclusions subject to change.
- Prices are for land/cruise only. Flights not included.