8 Day Irish Pubs Tour – CIE
The Irish Pub Tour – 8 Days / 7 Nights
Day 1: Dublin Tour & Guinness Storehouse
Tour starts 2:00 pm at your Dublin hotel. Set out on an introductory tour of central Dublin. Cross the River Liffey to drive along the wide O’Connell Street and view the General Post Office where the 1916 Uprising started. Visit the Guinness Storehouse to learn about Ireland’s most famous brew and after pulling your own pint enjoy views of Dublin from the rooftop bar. Enjoy a welcome drink and dinner with your group at The Church Café Bar and Restaurant.
Day 2: Glasnevin Cemetery Museum & Smithwick’s Experience
Explore Glasnevin Cemetery Museum, Ireland’s national necropolis, which is a who’s who of modern Irish history. Head to Kilkenny for a walking tour through Kilkenny’s Medieval Mile to view merchants’ houses and a stop at one of its historic pubs. Visit Smithwick’s Experience brewery for a tour and enjoy a sample. Spend some free time browsing the charming city before dinner.
Day 3: Dungarvan Brewing Company & Blarney
Visit the Dungarvan Brewing Company and learn about their bottle-conditioned beers. Travel on to visit Blarney Castle to kiss the famous “Stone of Eloquence” or explore the tranquil gardens. Treat yourself to quality Irish-made goods at the Blarney Woollen Mills. Pass through County Cork to Killarney where you’ll have free time to explore some lively pubs.
Day 4: Dingle Peninsula & The Irish Whiskey Experience
Head to the glorious Dingle Peninsula, made famous by two movies, “Ryan’s Daughter” and “Far & Away,” which showcased the wonderful scenery. Visit the South Pole Inn for an Irish coffee and learn about Tom Crean, an explorer who bravely journeyed to the South Pole. Immerse yourself in farm life and watch skilled dogs herd sheep. Enjoy some time and lunch on your own in the town of Dingle. In the evening, head to the Irish Whiskey Experience for a tasting, chocolate pairing and dinner.
Day 5: Cliffs of Moher & Spanish Point
Embark on a ferry ride across the wide River Shannon Estuary. Take in the spectacular beauty of the Cliffs of Moher, soaring 700 feet above the Atlantic surf. Walk along the top of the cliffs for views across Galway Bay to Connemara and the Aran Islands. A short drive will bring you into Doolin for lunch at McGann’s Pub. Travel to Spanish Point, named after the ships of the 1588 Spanish Armada that were wrecked there. Enjoy a drink at Johnny Burke’s and dinner at your hotel.
(B, L, D)
Day 6: Galway & Westport Walk
Drive around the shores of Galway Bay and stop in Galway for some leisure time to explore independently. Continue through Connemara with its hills, lakes, and open country where sheep roam freely. Stop in Leenane, where the movie “The Field” was made. Continue to Westport and enjoy a pub walking tour of this attractive estate town built in 1780, with buildings steeped in history and traditional pubs, many with live music.
Day 7: Teelings Distillery & 12th Century Brazen Head Pub
Enjoy the scenery of central Ireland as you head to Dublin on the east coast. Visit Teelings Distillery in the heart of the city, and sample the aged whiskey. Head to the Brazen Head Pub, Dublin’s oldest, dating back to 1198 for an evening of “Food, Folk and Fairies” where storytelling will reveal the myths and beliefs of times past.
Day 8: Tour ends in Dublin
Your program ends after breakfast.
B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner
- Blarney Castle
- Cliffs of Moher
- Guinness Storehouse Tour
- Smithwick’s Experience
- Teeling Distillery
- South Pole Inn with Irish coffee
- Dingle Peninsula
- Sheepdog Demonstration
Superior & First Class
- Hilton Garden Inn Custom House
- Croke Park Hotel
Dublin (1 night)
- Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel
Kilkenny (1 night)
- International Hotel
Killarney (2 nights)
- Galway Bay Hotel
Galway (1 night)
- Sheraton Athlone Hotel
Athlone (1 night)
- Ashling Hotel
Dublin (1 night)
- Full daily breakfast (except Day 1)
- All on-tour transportation including shuttles and ferries
- Welcome get-together drink with your group
- Free Wi-Fi on coaches so you can stay connected along the way
- Documents wallet and backpack to keep you organized
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & handling of one suitcase per person
- Authentic Local Experiences
- Enjoy an Irish coffee at the South Pole Inn where you’ll learn about Tom Crean, an Irish explorer who bravely journeyed to the South Pole.
- Discover the rich history of Kilkenny’s Medieval Mileas you explore with a local guide.
- Happen upon live music on a Pub Crawl through Westport, a beautiful planned town from the 18th century.
- Dining Experiences
- 7 breakfasts, (B) 1 lunch at McGann’s Pub in Doolin and 7 dinners (L, D) including The Church Cafe Bar and Restaurant, Celtic Whiskey Bar (including a Tasting and Chocolate Pairing), and the 12th-century Brazen Head Pub folk dinner.