8 Day Royal Tour of Britain
8 Day Small Group Tour from Edinburgh to London with Back-Roads
To travel Britain is to travel through a land with rich history and tradition, metropolitan cities and quaint villages, rolling green hills and jagged coastlines, just to name a few. Explore this diverse land on this tour which has been specially designed to include Royal connections from the historic streets of Edinburgh to the excitement of London, one breath-taking step at a time.
Day 1: Edinburgh – St Andrews – Royal Deeside
After meeting the group in Edinburgh, we’ll move on to our first stop: St Andrews University, where we’ll take a look at the university golf course. Then: into the Scottish countryside we go! Before we reach our hotel, we’ll take a scenic drive around Loch Muick – the picturesque lake favoured by Queen Victoria. After all that sightseeing, a welcome dinner will be the perfect way to round off the day.
Day 2: Royal Deeside – Balmoral – Royal Deeside
With a visit to either Balmoral Castle or Braemar Castle on the agenda, sensational architecture and breathtaking scenic views will be today’s recurring theme! After taking a walk around the site of the Highland Games this afternoon, we’ll move on to the Royal Lochnagar Distillery for a dram of whisky.
Day 3: Royal Deeside – Edinburgh
Today’s regal attraction? The Royal Yacht Britannia, Her Majesty the Queen’s former floating palace. Here, we’ll step inside the Royal Deck Tearoom, the Bridge and the Sun Lounge – the very place where the Queen used to enjoy breakfast during her stays on board.
Day 4: Edinburgh
Today in Edinburgh, a tour of the famous Castle awaits. After discovering the Great Hall, the crown jewels and the Stone of Destiny, we’ll stretch our legs with a walk along the Royal Mile. At the end of the thoroughfare stands Holyrood Palace, the official Scottish residence of Queen Elizabeth II – so it’s only right that we take a look around before we retire to the hotel for the evening.
Day 5: Edinburgh – Sandringham
Today it’s all aboard the train as we make our way to Sandringham in Norfolk – where we’ll enjoy an included dinner together this evening.
Day 6: Sandringham – Camridge – London
The grand Sandringham Estate will be our next stop. The private residence of The Royal Family, Sandringham is where the Queen spends Christmas each year – and with beautiful grounds, landscaped gardens, parks and woodlands all around, it’s easy to see why. On our way to London later today, we’ll stop off at historic Cambridge for a walking tour – ticking off the likes of the Bridge of Sighs and the ‘Backs’ of Cambridge University as we go.
Day 7: London
This morning we’ll visit the show-stopping Buckingham Palace – the home of the Royal Family – and pass through Westminster for a closer look at Clarence House and St James’s Palace. We’ll then move on to Hyde Park to see the Albert Memorial and the unique Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain before heading to the magnificent Kensington Palace (the official residence of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge). Tonight, we’ll come together at a superb local restaurant for a farewell dinner.
Day 8: London – Windsor – Hampton Court – London
Before we say goodbye, we’ve two more stops to make: the iconic Windsor Castle (the historic place where the Duke and Duchess of Sussex recently tied the knot) and the majestic Hampton Court Palace – the home of Henry VIII. Our tour will then come to a close in bustling London.
B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner
- Visit Balmoral Castle, the summer residence of the Queen
- Discover Kensington Palace, the home of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
- Step aboard the Royal Yacht Britannia, the former royal yacht of the British monarchy
- 7 nights in boutique accommodation
- Experienced Back-Roads Tour Leader and Driver
- Premium mini-coach transportation
- Train ticket from Edinburgh to Sandringham
- Daily full English breakfasts (B), 4 dinners (D)
- Whisky tasting at the Royal Lochnagar Distillery
- Entrance included to all attractions in the itinerary, including: Balmoral Castle (or Braemar Castle), Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, the Royal Yacht Britannia, the Sandringham Estate, Kensington Palace, Buckingham Palace (or the Royal Mews), Windsor Castle, Hampton Court Palace
- Accommodation, itinerary and inclusions subject to change.
- Prices are for land/cruise and internal flights as specified only. Flights not specified are not included.