6 Day Best of Devon & Cornwall – Trafalgar-2017
Trafalgar Guided Tour starting in London and finishing in London
City to shore, the creativity and majestic beauty of the west of England come into focus as you journey through the ages, via Bristol, Ilfracombe, Bideford, Plymouth, St. Ives and Exeter.
Day By Day
Day 1 London – Windsor – Lacock – Bristol (2 Nights)
Travel to Royal Windsor this morning where you will have free time to explore the quaint town or visit the Castle. Later stop in the picturesque town of Lacock with its honey coloured stone cottages and 15th century inns. The village was used as a movie location for ‘Pride & Prejudice’ and ‘Harry Potter’ amongst others. On arrival in Bristol your orientation includes views of the Clifton Suspension Bridge and Brunel’s SS Great Britain, the world’s first ocean-going, propeller driven iron ship. (WR) Stay: Hilton Garden Inn
Day 2 Longleat Stately Home And Bath Excursion
This morning a scenic drive through beautiful countryside brings you to the spectacular Longleat Stately Home near Warminster. Experience a Cultural Insight into English heritage when you take an included guided tour through one of the finest stately homes open to the public. Currently home to the 7th Marquess of Bath, Longleat House is set within stunning ‘Capability’ Brown landscaped parkland and contains priceless antiques. Later arrive in the Georgian town of Bath. See the beautiful Pulteney Bridge spanning the River Avon and view the impressive Abbey, founded in 1499. Visit the Roman Baths, from which the city takes its name, and see the hot thermal pool of the ‘Great Bath’. (FB)
Day 3 Bristol – Exmoor National Park – Ilfracombe – Bideford
Drive through the unique landscape of Exmoor National Park with its moorland, woodland, valleys and coastline which has been shaped by people and nature over thousands of years. Stop in the traditional Devonshire fishing town of Ilfracombe and enjoy free time to explore. Later travel to the historic port town of Bideford located on the estuary of the River Torridge. (FB) Stay: Durrant House
Day 4 Bideford – Tintagel – Plymouth – Exeter (2 Nights)
Drive along the north Cornish coast and stop to enjoy views of the ruined Tintagel Castle steeped in mystery and legend and reputedly the birthplace of King Arthur. Enjoy a light Be My Guest Cornish lunch on a farm with views over nearby Bodmin Moor. In the maritime city of Plymouth view the Mayflower Steps before heading to Exeter. TreadRight and Trafalgar Cares support cultural traditions that preserve the unique richness and diversity of people and places. With respect to this, a special private performance of Gregorian chants will take place in the candlelit St Martin’s Church to support The Churches Conservation Trust. The rest of the evening is free to explore Exeter from your centrally located hotel. (FB/BMGL) Stay: Mercure Southgate
Day 5 Cornish Excursion Including Dartmoor National Park
Today set off for a full day to explore picturesque Cornwall. The Cornish coast is famous for smugglers’ coves and quaint villages which you will see on the way to St. Ives, a popular resort with artists and tourists. Enjoy views of St. Michael’s Mount near Penzance. Stop in Dartmoor National Park for a Farewell Dinner with your travel companions in a traditional pub. (FB/FD)
Day 6 Exeter – Stonehenge – Salisbury – London
This morning, travel to rural Wiltshire and visit the mystical ancient monoliths at Stonehenge on Salisbury Plain. Visit the town of Salisbury with its Cathedral rising up from the lush green fields famously painted by John Constable. Later return to London where your memorable trip comes to an end. (FB)
- [table “” not found /]
Enjoy Insider moments like… hearing exquisite choral music performed exclusively for you by a local choir in the candlelit 15th century ‘gingerbread church’ of St. Martin’s, Exeter.
- Orientation of Bath, Bristol, Ilfracombe, Plymouth, Exeter and Salisbury
- Visit Royal Windsor and quaint Lacock Village, stately Longleat House in Warminster, the Roman Baths in Bath, the fishing village of Ilfracombe, the ancient seaport of Bideford, the gorgeous artists’ colony of St. Ives, the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge, and John Constables Salisbury
- View Windsor Castle, the ‘Capability’ Brown landscaped parkland at Longleat, Tintagel Castle in Cornwall, the Mayflower Steps in Plymouth and St. Michaels Mount
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Hand-picked 4 and 5 star accommodation
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host if you stay at Trafalgar’s recommended London hotel.
- Pick-up and drop-off if you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar, or from the London Reception Centre.
- 5 full breakfasts.
- 1 lunch (Be My Guest).
- 2 dinners.
- Accommodation, itinerary and inclusions subject to change.
- Prices are for land/cruise only. Flights not included.