7 Day Irish Highlights – Trafalgar
Trafalgar Guided Tour starting in Dublin and finishing in Dublin
The fast-track to Ireland – this insight into the southern side takes you from Dublin and back again, stopping at Limerick, Waterford and the scenic Ring of Kerry along the way.
Day By Day
Day 1 Arrive Dublin – Afternoon Sightseeing
Spend the morning relaxing or exploring this vibrant, friendly city. Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers this afternoon and see Trinity College, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Phoenix Park and the stately Georgian Squares with your Local Specialist. This evening meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception at a traditional Irish pub – the perfect introduction to Dublin. (WR) Stay: Jurys Inn Parnell Street/Mespil/Ballsbridge
Day 2 Dublin – Galway – Limerick
This morning head towards Galway. View the Cathedral and enjoy some free time in the city. In Limerick view King John’s Castle, St. Mary’s Cathedral and the Treaty Stone during your orientation. (FB) Stay: Greenhills/Radisson Blu
Day 3 Limerick – Bunratty – Cliffs Of Moher – Killarney (2 Nights)
Start your day with a visit to Bunratty Castle and explore the Folk Park, a living museum dedicated to life in Ireland during the 18th and 19th centuries. Then continue to the Cliffs of Moher. See the history of the cliffs brought to life with a visit to the ‘Atlantic Edge’ exhibition. After a picturesque coastal drive through the villages of Lahinch and Kilrush take the ferry across the Shannon estuary. Arrive tonight in Killarney, your home for the next two nights. (FB) Stay: International/Killarney Heights
Day 4 Ring Of Kerry Excursion
Today we experience Ireland’s most scenic coastal drive around the Iveragh Peninsula, better known as the Ring of Kerry. It is undoubtedly one of the most magical and varied places in the whole of Ireland and is truly a photographer’s delight. We will also see Daniel O’Connell’s Cahirciveen, the fishing village of Waterville, the Black Valley and Moll’s Gap. Here mountains, valleys, lakes and sea blend into a landscape that is often breathtaking beyond words. (FB)
Day 5 Killarney – Blarney – Youghal – Waterford
As you are leaving Killarney this morning cross the Kerry Mountains and travel through the colourful market town of Macroom and see the impressive Castle Arch. Once the gateway to Macroom Castle, it is now almost all that remains. Next stop is Blarney Castle to kiss the Blarney Stone and acquire the ‘gift of the gab’. Later visit the historic seaport town of Youghal, once home to Sir Walter Raleigh before arriving in Waterford. Here visit the House of Waterford Crystal for a Cultural Insight demonstration. Watch the master craftsmen at work during your tour of the workshop, and see the exquisite completed pieces in the showroom. Dine tonight at your hotel. (FB/D) Stay: Marina/Fitzwilton
Day 6 Waterford – New Ross – Co. Wicklow – Dublin
This morning stop in the town of New Ross and see the monument to John F. Kennedy who visited his ancestral family hometown in 1963. Visit the three-masted famine ship Dunbrody, and gain a Cultural Insight into the tragic plight of Irish emigration during the 1800s. Continue through County Wexford and the lush countryside of County Wicklow before arriving back to Dublin. Join your companions and Travel Director this evening for a Be My Guest Farewell Dinner, before continuing to your Dublin hotel. (FB/BMGFD) Stay: Jurys Inn Parnell Street/Mespil/Ballsbridge
Day 7 Depart Dublin
Say goodbye after your unforgettable journey through the friendly Emerald Isle! Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply. (FB)
Enjoy Insider moments like… smelling slow-baked apple and carrot cake as you join a world-renowned chef, going beyond her cookery school into the heart of her home to try treasured family favourites like her mother’s soda bread.
- City tour in Dublin
- Orientation of Galway, Limerick and Waterford
- Visit Bunratty Folk Park, the Cliffs of Moher, Blarney to kiss the stone and gain the ‘gift of the gab’, Youghal, the crystal showroom at Waterford and the famine ship in New Ross
- View St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Phoenix Park in Dublin, the Cathedral of Galway, King John’s Castle and St. Mary’s Cathedral in Limerick
- Scenic drive of the Ring of Kerry
- Ferry across the Shannon Estuary.
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Hand-picked 4 and 5 star accommodation
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- 6 full breakfasts.
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest).
- Accommodation, itinerary and inclusions subject to change.
- Prices are for land/cruise only. Flights not included.